Monday, October 19, 2020

Gratitude

 


Gratitude
Some dread the holidays
They treat it like a malaise

Fearing inflated expectations
Worrying about money limitations
Strength sapping celebrations
Irritating family relations

I look forward them
Like receiving a precious gem

I'm like a petulant child
Anger raging wild

I'm in need of a time out
In the corner while I pout
Let me scream and shout
Time to think about

A grandchild's hug
A coffee filled mug
A warm soak in the tub
A sore back rub

A wrong forgiven
That I'm still liven

That arm around me in my sorrow
The meal I'm sharing tomorrow

Yes I need a Time Out
To adjust my attitude
To remember gratitude

Join me
Blessed Be

2 comments:

Carol Schuster said...

You put my feelings into words with such grace. I love it❣️

T. Guy said...

Thanks Carol, thanks for the read.